- Plan to ignite pupils' curiosity to seek to find something out and encourage them to confidently explore and discover the world around them.
- The National Curriculum objectives are met in a meaningful and relevant way, with each lesson building carefully upon the skills and knowledge gained in previous lessons.
- Exciting practical hands on experiences are planned to stimulate pupils to think more deeply about the skills they have learnt and see their learning in the real world.
- Provide opportunities to inspire children to be independent learners so they are motivated to instinctively what to find out.
- Stimulating and challenging experiences that support children to secure and extend their scientific knowledge and vocabulary.
- Children collaborate and work co-operatively with their peers in order to encourage them to modify their ideas and take risks.